Friday, November 11, 2011

Kenwood P-WD250MRW 10 Inch Marine Subwoofer and Amplifier

Kenwood P-WD250MRW 10 Inch Marine Subwoofer and Amplifier

Kenwood P-WD250MRW 10 Inch Marine Subwoofer and Amplifier Overview

  • Package includes KFC-W250MRW marine subwoofer and KAC-201MR amplifier
  • 200 watts maximum power output
  • Dual 1.5-ohm voice coils
  • Pearl mica polypropylene woofer with rubber surround
  • Power handling: 50-200 watts RMS

Kenwood P-WD250MRW 10 Inch Marine Subwoofer and Amplifier Review

Can't beat the value with this set-up. It is louder than I anticipated, especially because it only has a 10 amp fuse!

I would recommend this over some Pyle, or Boss, or Pyramid, etc. set-up. Kenwood is a solid company and you don't need 2000 watts to have some nice bass.

This is the perfect amount of bass if you're using your deck (~25w X 4) amplifier and not using an external amplifier. Also, make sure to use your high pass filters on your regular speakers, it will make the sound quality MUCH better and get louder too!

I mounted this sub under a seat with about 1.8 cu. ft. worth of box space behind it, and it sounds nice. Vibrates the seat too LOL.

I did have an issue where the sub would thump weirdly sometimes. I disconnected one of the RCA inputs (you really only need 1) and it fixed it. I think its probably a problem with my deck, and not the amplifier.